INGREDIENTS: Chicken Satay (Satay Kai)
Chicken Breast 8 oz.
Coconut milk 2 fl. Oz.
Coriander roots, chopped 2 tbsp.
Curry powder 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
Sugar 2 tsp.
Fish sauce 1/2 tbsp.
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp. (2-4 servings)
Chicken Satay (Satay kai)
1. Slice the chicken into thin strips ready to be skewered.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together and mix the sliced chicken with the
marinade. Allow the chicken to marinade for at least 3 hours or over night.
3. Skewer each slice of marinaded chicken onto a bamboo skewer which has been soakeb in water.
4. Grill or pan sear the skewered chicken until done and still moist. Serve hot with cucumber salad.
INGREDIENTS: Peanut Sauce for Satay (Nam jim Satay)
Vegetable oil 3 tbsp.
Red curry paste 2 tbsp.
Ground coriander 1/2 tsp.
Ground cumin 1/2 tsp.
Coconut milk 2 cups
Coarsely ground peanuts 3/4 cup
Sugar 2 tbsp.
Tamarind juice or lime juice 2 tbsp.
Salt 1 tsp.
Peanut Sauce for Satay (Nam jim Satay)
1. Put the oil in a saucepan and heat up. Add the curry paste when the oil is hot and fry until
fragrant, being careful not to burn the curry. (Use medium heat)
2. After a minute or so add the dry spices and continue frying for another one or two minutes.
3. Add coconut milk and the rest of the ingredients except the tamarind juice and salt. Bring the ingredients in the pot back to the boil for a few minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
4. Adjust the seasoning with tamarind juice and salt. The sauce should taste slightly sweet followed by a touch of tartness and saltiness. The main scent of this sauce is the combination of
curry and coconut.